Door County Boat Storage Tips
Important Tips when Shopping for Boat Storage
Be sure to measure your boat (with trailer) before selecting your storage space. Length, width, and height are important to take into account. Don't forget to include room for your outboard motor, gear, and any other items that may require additional space or a larger unit.
Before Storing your Boat:
- Inspect trailer tires for signs of dry rot or deflation.
- Check for leaks.
- Boats should have current license plates. Tags that expire during storage should be renewed.
For Long-Term Storage:
- Check fuel lines and gaskets to ensure there are no leaks. Lay down cardboard or old carpeting to protect the floor.
- Check seals around windows and doors.
- Wash, wax, and thoroughly clean the boat's exterior and interior.
- Boat covers are recommended, especially for outdoor storage.
- Make a list of anything you take out so you remember what to put back before your next vacation!