Self-Storage Frequently Asked Questions
At Northern Door Storage we pride ourselves on being experts in the mini storage industry. Here are many common questions. If you don’t find your answer here, call our helpful staff at (920) 421-8036 and they’ll be happy to assist you immediately.
- How long do I have to sign up for?
- We offer month-to-month leases and long-term storage options.
- When can I get to my belongings?
- Anytime! Convenience is key - you have access to your unit 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- How much notice must be given when I move out?
- Notification must be made to Northern Door Storage no later than the 15th of the month you would like to vacate. The lease goes until the end of the month and you have until the last day of the month to move out.
- How can I make a payment?
Payments can be submitted by mail to:
Northern Door Storage
PO Box 13154
Green Bay, WI 54307
- How do I calculate how much storage space to rent?
- Our expert managers are also happy to help determine the right size for your needs. Contact us here for further assistance.
- What sizes do you have and how much do they cost?
- We have a wide variety of unit sizes to meet your needs. View our unit sizes and prices.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept check or money order.
- Do you have outdoor storage for boats, RVs and other vehicles?
- Yes, we have space for boats, RVs, commercial vehicles, trailers, trucks and cars. Call for more information.
- Do you offer insurance?
- No, it is your obligation to insure your items. We do not insure against loss of property or any other loss or injury. If you need a referral, call our office. We can recommend a local agent.
- Do you send out monthly invoices?
- No, monthly invoices are not provided. It is your responsibility to pay each month.
- Is there a security deposit or other administrative fees?
- There is a refundable security deposit, but no other fees. The security deposit is equal to one month's rent of the unit you are renting.
- Is there electricity in the units?
- Our individual units don't have electrical outlets or lights, but the group temperature-controlled storage area has a large number of electrical outlets available and is fully lit.
- Do you have pallets available to use?
- Yes, pallets help with air circulation in the unit and protect your belongings. Please call for more information on FREE pallets for your storage unit.
- What happens if I lose my keys or remote?
- We do not have another set of keys for your lock. There is a $15 charge for us to cut the lock and provide a new lock and keys. A few units have remote controls and there is a $35 charge to replace a lost remote control.
- We do have for purchase "Disc Locks" which these are the best way to lock your unit as it makes it very difficult to get into
Features of Disc Padlocks
- Hardened steel shackle resists prying, cutting and sawing
- Stainless steel body resists corrosion
- Key retaining feature ensures padlock is not left unlocked
- Each lock has its own specific keys
- What type of lock should I use?
- We offer a higher security disc lock for $5 and this lock is yours to keep for future use. No lock, including a disk lock purchased from us, guarantees the security of your unit.
- What happens if I don't pay my rent?
- Rent is due on the first of the month and after the 7th of the month there is a $10 late charge added to your account, after the 20th of the month you unit will be over locked and you will be denied access, after 60 days your unit will be put on the lien sale list.
- I have moved out, when do I get my security deposit?
- Once we have noticed the lock is off your unit, the unit is cleaned out and broom swept we will process your security deposit. All security deposits are refunded by check and you can expect that within 2 weeks.